Monday, August 27, 2012

Cooper's SuperHero Party!!


Cooper had been asking for a Superhero Birthday Party for months a while to celebrate his 4th birthday!  So, I tirelessly scanned Pinterest, blogs, etc. until I found a great list of ideas to get the ball rolling for his big day!

I had set up the day as "Super Hero Training Camp" with stations all around my parent's house who were pressured lovingly volunteered their beautiful house and the 5 acres around it for our antics.



You can't be a proper Super Hero unless you practice your flying and bouncing skills....right?
Next, the kids all practiced their aim to catch the villains at each balloon using silly string and water guns.   This was a huge hit.   Silly string is messy but pretty darn fun.
I had gotten these little Super Heroes---called Squinkies---at the store.   I froze them in ice cube trays in a little bit of water.  The bucket at the "Save a SuperHero" had warm water and water guns inside.   The kids had to spray to release their  Super Hero from the block of ice that Mr. Freeze had put them into.
This is actually where the kids started their "training".   My mom and I (and even my dad) made capes for each and every child.   We used a satin.   I just rolled the edge under and then quickly sewed down that edge.   Then I put a velcro closure at the neck.   For the emblem I used yellow felt and fabric glue.   Around the edge of each emblem I used glow-in-the-dark puffy paint for some added fun.  Each child also had a mask they could pick out in various colors that we made out of sheets of foam and elastic.

My dad, Cooper's PopPop, is awesome.   I had been saving this sturdy cardboard cylinder for a long time to make our barbell.   He worked with balls, foam, and finally these stiff, chipboard like cylindrical boxes that he painted and then put onto the handle.   This station is where our budding Super Heroes tested their strength.
And what Super Hero hasn't at one point needed to leap a tall building in a single bound??
After all of that training....we had lots of refreshments.  Invisibility serum (water) to quench our thirst.  Veggies and Super Duper Dip.
Don't forget the three layer, shape shifter Jell-o!  That was a hit for most everyone.  Thanks again to my mom and dad for helping out with this little project.
"Pop"corn, Super Sour Lassos, Super Swim crackers, Super Power Rings....and a great view of the tall buildings background and "Pop"corn cones.   Go check Simone who made the great editable and printable paper goods at the party!  From the popcorn cones to the banners and invitations...it's all so cute and was soooo easy to print out myself.
Here is Cooper and some friends enjoying the bounce house.   Isn't his shirt adorable??    Joline has a great Etsy shop and is on Facebook as well....you should check her out.   I would be in the poor house if I had a little girl.   I love the sibling sets.   And recently she started doing little bow ties.   So stinkin' cute!



The Super Heros are almost all free....
This was a fun one....and surprisingly....most everyone shared without a problem.   I forgot half of the silly string canisters at home.







 My friend Tammy made the cupcakes and Cooper's mini-cake!   The cupcakes were vanilla cake and strawberry cake (with real strawberries in the batter).   And buttercream frosting.   She also made some red velvet cupcakes for our family celebration that were gobbled up before I got a picture.   If you're in the Louisville area and looking for some Super Good---Save The Day Cupcakes check her out.   Tammy's Tuptakes on Facebook.

 Some of the cute cupcake toppers I made using my printable file from Simone, the cricut that Tammy let me borrow, and lots of toothpicks and time.   :)
 Super Cooper and his Super Dad having some snacks so the training could continue.


 Cooper peeked out of the bounce house to tell me he was having a great party and he loved me....melts my heart how sweet and thoughtful my little man can be....


 My Super Cooper!!


 I thought this was so cute....these guys are twins....and their expressions crack me up.  "I think this is how you do it", "Ok, you try it and I'll stand here and look innocent".


 Cheese!!

 He got shy when he transformed back into just Cooper, and took off his cape.   I didn't think he had a shy bone in his body.









Matching jerseys for the birthday boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment