Saturday, September 4, 2010

My baby is TWO YEARS OLD...

I know---that's how I feel Cooper....I can't believe it!







8/24/2008 11:44 p.m. 

It's amazing how he keeps growing and getting older, and I have yet to age since he has been born.  :)   I recently turned 29 for the 5th time.  Here are some pictures of our antics right around Cooper James' birthday.  And just for fun---a picture of him as a newborn and at one year.  Some of the fun things you are doing now---

1.  You will go potty on the toilet almost every single time we take you.  You have even stayed dry at daycare all day, and have pooped on the potty two times at home!!!  Hooray!

2.  You can say most anything, and are putting words together to make sentences....but the greatest things I hear are "Mommy, I wuv youuuuu!".  Most people are amazed that you are talking so well when they hear you just turned two.

3.  You love a good song, and will dance like no one is watching.

4.  You don't watch a ton of television, but have found a love for Toy Story.  You also love Sesame Street, trains, balls (thank you Gigi and Papaw for the basketball goal), cars, and anything that is rough/tough/keeps you moving.

5.  You are getting to be a pro with utensils and cups.

6.  There isn't a thing you can't climb.

7.  You are a very compassionate and sweet baby, but you can throw a temper tantrum with the best of them.

8.  You are a great traveller---via car or plane.

9.  You will eat most anything...but carrots.

10.  You may look like me...but you have gotten your height from your daddy and Uncle Chris---  You are at the top of the growth charts for height and weight.  Perfectly proportioned....you always have been.  Right now you are 36.5" tall and 34 lbs.  
One year old...

And now all the fun begins........here is my big boy!





















Papaw and his buddy riding in his car...



























Trying to get his best buddies "Buster and Izzy" to chase him


















Buster



Buster and Izzy


















A pro at unwrapping "pwesents"



















Love his little cheeks and his "Life is Good" hat...


Notice that he has Woody with him...



You know you may take too many pictures of your child when he is two and goes to lean back against the tree....what does he think he is...a senior in high school??  Oh goodness---get me the tissues now.


Horsin' around with his big brother!
Ohhhh...a stick. It's the small things in life.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE this post! I had no energy on Cole's birthday due to us both being sick, so I just loved this post as it is what I would have done!:) You took GREAT pictures, too! Maybe it is a calling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is he in his little oxford, plaid shorts, and cap???!!! He looks like he's about to walk onto a college campus :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, he is SO cute!! Love all the pictures...the one of him in the plaid shorts & hat leaning against the tree is precious, and you are right - he's like a little high schooler! :) And kudos on the potty skills - that's impressive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your post a lot! Can't believe he's 2 already! Great job on the potty training. I've heard that boys are harder to train so you must be using your awesome OT skills.

    ReplyDelete