Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Let Me Introduce Myself....AGAIN.

Wow...it's been over 6 months since I have posted on our blog and A LOT has gone on since then---which is ironically why it has been 6 months!   We literally found out one day in late May that we would be able to move back to KY (where I was born and raised) and I started packing that next day.  Was I excited?  It was quick!  We packed up several moving trucks and made the long trek from Maryland to Kentucky the day after the kid's last day of school which was in the middle of June.
~~~  Packing our house.
~~~  Getting the house ready to put on the market
~~~  Getting all the kid's school and medical records
~~~  Applying for my OT license in KY and IN
~~~  Good-bye parties for the kids and me (work)
~~~  The LONG drive here with two moving trucks and a packed mini-van in addition to two kids
~~~  Not being able to sell the house, but finally finding a renter
~~~  Building a new house here in KY while living with my parents.
~~~  Job hunting, unpacking the necessities, enrolling the big kids at their middle school, finding a pre-school for the little guy, blah blah blah.....it makes me tired all over again just thinking about it.


Anyhow...life is still busy but I'm hoping to be better at posting on the blog.  Here are some pictures from the past few months.
Someone turned THREE...and thinks he is pretty hot stuff with the present he got from his Uncle Tom.  He was literally dancing in the driveway waiting for Uncle Tom to get it off the trailer.
He was a pro at driving this thing around....even around obstacles.  He picked it up like he had been doing it for years.  Thank Goodness my parents have a little over 5 acres for him to use it.

Hanging out at Huber's Farm in Southern Indiana with some friends.....and of course I can't find those really cute pictures at this point (but I'll keep looking).   He was giving us a thumbs up while climbing that jungle gym.  

We went to Disney over Halloween....this trip was planned for months even before we knew we were able to move to KY.   It's important to tell you that because you will understand just how stressful it was when we were in the midst of closing on our new house and getting ready to go to Disney at the SAME time.  We closed one day and left for Disney the next Crazy.  I don't recommend that to anyone who would like to keep their sanity.

Luckily my mother-in-law and her husband were able to come over and visit with us for a few days while we were at Disney---it's a good thing because all three kids love the TeaCups....and I can not ride those things and keep my cookies where they should be...but JoJo and Grandpa did just fine.  

Watching fireworks and a light show.  By the way----if you ever get the chance I definitely recommend going to Disney during the Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween Party.  It was AWESOME.  

The Toy Story Mania ride at Hollywood Studios....I do believe that this ride has the LONGEST wait at all of the Disney parks.  Cooper was a trooper for the almost two hour long wait in line.  Definitely get a Fast Pass if you can...and they are gone quick.  It was a fun ride though.  At the end---Cooper said "I want to do that again".  Uhm, no thanks buddy.   Mommy will happily buy you some over-priced Toy Story souvenir to get your mind off of going on that one again.  

We were the Farmer, His Wife and the Three Blind Mice for Halloween.  We dressed up in these same outfits at the Louisville Mommies Trunk or Treat and won best Group Costume/Family Costume.  I also got Best Tasting Dessert with my Upside Down Pumpkin Pie at the Trunk or Treat.  Yummy! 
Cooper loved all the rides he was tall enough to go on....here we are on the Dumbo ride.  
Well, those pictures will have to do as an update for now....I guess my other pictures are on the desk top Mac and I'm too tired to get up right now.  Maybe another day.  :)

Matt, Elise, and Cooper waiting on the special Halloween parade!

Breakfast with Mickey at the Animal Kingdom at Tusker House.  

Just two guys...monkey'n around.

The two goofiest people at Disney!

I had been waiting and waiting to take our Christmas picture....because the weather  wasn't cooperating.  We finally snuck in a few pictures right before it started to pour down rain.  AGAIN.  Ugh...forget a house....we should have built a boat.  Not the best family picture....but doable.  


1 comment:

  1. Welcome back :) Thanks for the update, hope things are settling down for your guys. Love all the pics. Can't believe how grown up our boys are getting. Such a handsome little man you have!

    ReplyDelete