well, for those of you who don't know...we just recently starting giving Cooper a bath in the big bath tub. We were a kitchen sink kind of family until I realized with a tear in my eye that he's just too darn big for the sink. So, in preparation he got some bath toys for his birthday to make it a fun transition. Well, here are some pictures of the first one...right after dinner which is why his face is a mess since Mr. I Can Do It By Myself isn't as accurate as mommy or daddy with the spoon. So, the pictures....DO NOT show the horror that was on Cooper's face when I first placed him in the tub, or how he was a screaming banshee for the first fifteen minutes of being put in the tub and clung to me like he was in the Pacific Ocean and I was his life-ring. If I wasn't laughing and shhing him so much I might have felt really bad for him and would have been knocking my mothering skills by not putting him in the big tub sooner...but it made me laugh so I never got around to it. He did eventually calm down and played with some of his toys---but if I so much as twitched an eyebrow he would shoot outta that water like a cannon had shot him out of it for the fear that I was going to leave him alone in that gigantic vat of water! Please ignore my unruly hair in the bottom corner of the picture... I'll have to get some more of him now that he is enjoying the tub more (and will let me move about the bathroom while he sits and plays so I could get a safe distance from splashing hands with the camera). I also need to get a picture of this little stool/bench/storage thingie I have....LOVE It!
Welcome to our world! This little piece of the internet is about the adventures of our family which includes me (a working mom who loves to craft when possible), my husband (a working dad who travels a great deal), our three kids--a teenager, a preening pre-teen, and a handsome little preschooler. Oh, and our rotten golden doodle, Penny.
Sunday, September 6, 2009
The Big Boy Bath-tub....
well, for those of you who don't know...we just recently starting giving Cooper a bath in the big bath tub. We were a kitchen sink kind of family until I realized with a tear in my eye that he's just too darn big for the sink. So, in preparation he got some bath toys for his birthday to make it a fun transition. Well, here are some pictures of the first one...right after dinner which is why his face is a mess since Mr. I Can Do It By Myself isn't as accurate as mommy or daddy with the spoon. So, the pictures....DO NOT show the horror that was on Cooper's face when I first placed him in the tub, or how he was a screaming banshee for the first fifteen minutes of being put in the tub and clung to me like he was in the Pacific Ocean and I was his life-ring. If I wasn't laughing and shhing him so much I might have felt really bad for him and would have been knocking my mothering skills by not putting him in the big tub sooner...but it made me laugh so I never got around to it. He did eventually calm down and played with some of his toys---but if I so much as twitched an eyebrow he would shoot outta that water like a cannon had shot him out of it for the fear that I was going to leave him alone in that gigantic vat of water! Please ignore my unruly hair in the bottom corner of the picture... I'll have to get some more of him now that he is enjoying the tub more (and will let me move about the bathroom while he sits and plays so I could get a safe distance from splashing hands with the camera). I also need to get a picture of this little stool/bench/storage thingie I have....LOVE It!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's so funny he didn't like it...from the pictures looks like he's having a pretty good time! He's so cute. :)
ReplyDeleteRight....but I swear....he was terrified for the longest time. He still has to be forced to sit down in the water and then he is just fine and goes about playing with his toys. Silly kid. And thanks, I think he's pretty much the cutest thing ever.
ReplyDelete