Tuesday, August 25, 2009

One Whole Year...





that's how long we've kept this adorable little boy safe and happy! And boy-- has he changed our lives so much for the better. Life was pretty darn good pre-Cooper, but I can't even imagine what I would do without him, ya' know?! I can't wait to see how big he is on Friday at his 12 month check-up. He is so tall...and was getting little baby wedgies from his onesies. Thank goodness I found some onesie extenders for him so we've remedied that little problem. Here are some things that Cooper is doing now:

*He is walking all over the place. He can stand up from the ground without holding onto anything, and is SO brave that you definitely have to keep a close eye on him.

*He can get on and off of his little push toy car/truck....and even better he has figured out that if he pushes it over to the chair or couch he can climb right up on it and get to whatever he wants (namely the remote, etc.).

*He is talking so much (I guess it's hereditary). Some things he says are: who's it?, what's it?, tick tock, sit, up, out, bottle, dog, ball, book, daddy, momma, no, yes, more, done, and a few others I can't think of right now.

*He loves music! All kinds...well, rap never really gets him moving like the others. If we're in the car and I've forgotten to turn the radio on he will start fussin' at me until I turn it on, and then you can see him dancing around in the back.

*We've moved into the stage where Cooper really understands when we leave....even if one of us leave the table when we're out for dinner. It's definitely made it so much harder to leave him at the day care provider's house.

*He signs more and all done---especially when it's meal-time.

*He's a great eater....except green beans. He still won't do green beans. Every once in a while I'll try them with him, and then he's suspicious of all things green for a few days.

*He sleeps through the night (has for a while), and is even starting to sleep in past 6/6:30 in the morning which is nice! It gives mommy time to get ready for work.

*He loves drinking from his sippy cup and his cup with a straw (his #1 preference). He drinks milk and water. He LOVES water.

*He will try to help get dressed (although he prefers to help undress). When I am getting his shirt ready to put over his head he will bend his head forward and shut his eyes. And he'll push his chubby little arms through the holes for us. We're getting used to wearing shoes. He got two pair of shoes from Grammy and Grampa for his birthday. He's wearing them longer and longer, but gets irritated because it's more difficult for him to walk in shoes vs. barefoot.

*Saying "Cooper is a happy baby" is an understatement. He is so content, laughs so easily, and literally is my sunshine. We have been SO blessed. I can't say that enough. So Blessed!

Well....I guess that's all for now. Can you believe it...?? One year old! We went to Downs Park here in MD. It's beautiful, right on the water, and has a great playground.

No comments:

Post a Comment